AirPods have become the company’s most popular accessory, with sales exceeding expectations. The product has been so successful that it has spawned many imitators. Despite their popularity, there are still many things that need to be clarified about AirPods.
This article will attempt to clear up some of the misinformation. If you want to change the name of your AirPods, there are a few different ways you can do it.
- Go to the “Settings” app on your iPhone and tap “Bluetooth.” Find the listing for your AirPods in the Devices section and tap on the “i” icon next to it. From there, you can change the name of your AirPods.
- You can also change the name of your AirPods by going to the “About” page in the Settings app on your iPhone. Scroll down to the bottom of the page and tap on the “Name” field. Enter the new name you want for your AirPods and then tap “Done.”
What should I do before renaming Airpods?
Before you rename your device, you should do a few things first:
- Ensure that your device is connected to your iPhone and that you’re signed in with your Apple ID.
- Go to the Settings app and tap on the Bluetooth menu. Find your device in the list and tap on the “i” next to them.
- Tap the Rename button and enter a new name for your device
There are different methods to rename the device.
Method 1: How to change the AirPods name on IPhone/IPad?
If you’ve ever wondered how to change your device’s name on your iPhone or iPad, wonder no longer! Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to do it.
- On your iOS device, open the Settings app and tap “Bluetooth.”
- Find your device in the list and tap on the “i” icon.
- On the next screen, tap “Rename” and enter the new name you want for your device.
- Tap “Done” when you’re finished, and the new name will appear under your device in the Bluetooth menu.
Method 2: How to rename AirPods on Mac?
If you’re using AirPods with a Mac, there’s a quick and easy way to rename them, making them easier to identify in your Bluetooth settings. Here’s how to do it:
- Open the Bluetooth settings on your Mac. You can do this by going to the Apple menu at the top of your screen and selecting “System Preferences,” then “Bluetooth.”
- Select your device from the list of devices.
- Click on the “i” button in the Bluetooth settings window next to your device.
- In the popup window that appears, click on the “Rename” button at the bottom.
- Enter a new name for your device in the field that appears, then click “OK.
Method 3: How to Rename AirPods with Android?
You can use a few different methods if you have an Android phone and want to rename your device. Method 3 is the easiest and quickest way to do it.
Put your device in its charging case and open the lid. Then, find your device on your Android device and tap the gear icon. From there, scroll down and tap on the “Rename” option.
Enter whatever name you want for your device and tap “OK.” That’s it! Your device will now show up with the new name on all devices synced with your iCloud account.
Method 4: How to rename your AirPods on Windows?
If you own a pair of Apple’s popular wireless headphones, also known as the device, you may wonder how to rename them on your Windows computer. Although it’s more complex than renaming them on an iPhone or iPad, it is possible with little know-how. Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to do it.
First, open the Bluetooth settings on your Windows PC by going to Start > Settings > Devices. Then, click “Bluetooth & other devices” and ensure Bluetooth is turned on.
Next, put your device in its charging case and open the lid. Then, hold the setup button on the back of the case for about 15 seconds until the light starts flashing white.
Why can’t I rename my AirPods?
If you own a pair of devices, you may have noticed that you can’t rename them. This can be frustrating, especially if you want to personalize them or keep track of multiple pairs. So why can’t you rename your device?
There are a few possible explanations. One is that Apple wants users to avoid accidentally connecting their devices to the wrong device. If you have multiple devices with Bluetooth, it can be easy to mix them up. By not allowing users to rename their devices, Apple ensures that users will always know which pair is theirs.
Another possibility is that Apple wants to ensure users remember which phone they pair their device with. Using your device with multiple phones can make it easy to lose track of which one is paired with which headset.
How to forget AirPods on your iOS device?
It’s easy to forget your device when using an iOS device. Here are some tips to help you remember them:
- Make sure your device is turned on and connected to your iOS device.
- Go to the Settings app and tap on the “Bluetooth” option.
- Find the listing for your device in the “My Devices” section and tap on the “i” next to it.
- Tap the “Forget This Device” option and confirm that you want to forget it.
- Once you’ve forgotten your device, it’ll no longer be listed in the “My Devices” section of the Bluetooth settings.
- If you want to use your device with another iOS device, you’ll need to pair them again.
How to forget AirPods on your MacBook?
It happens to the best of us. You’re in a hurry to leave for your next meeting and grab your MacBook, but where is your device? They’re still plugged into your laptop. Like most people, you probably need help remembering to unplug your device before you close your MacBook. But don’t worry; there are a few easy tricks to help you remember.
First, try setting a reminder on your phone or computer. Something as simple as “unplugging device ” can help you remember when you’re about to close your laptop. If you use Apple’s iCloud service, you can set up a reminder that will pop up on all your devices.
Update the Firmware Version on your AirPods:
If you own a pair of Apple wireless devices and last updated their firmware a while ago, now is a good time to do so. Firmware updates for the device are released occasionally and typically improve performance or add new features.
To update the firmware on your device, you’ll need to have them connected to your iPhone. Once connected, open the Settings app and tap “General.” From there, select “About” and then “AirPods.” You should see an option to update your device under the “Firmware Version” section if an update is available.
Tap on “Update” and confirm that you want to install the update.
There are four ways that you can change the name of your AirPods. You can do it directly on your iOS device, through the Bluetooth settings on your Mac, or by resetting your device. You can also change your device’s name through the Beats app on your iPhone. Remember that you’ll need to have the latest version of iOS installed on your device to change your name through the Beats app.
Why are my Headphones Connected but not working? (Quick Fixes)